We have a dedicated Sixth Form Centre offering a space for Sixth Form students only. This space has:
- TV screens to keep you up to date with current issues and life at South Craven
- The Hatch, a refectory which sells a variety of freshly produced meals and snacks. The Hatch is exclusive to and only used by Sixth Form students and staff
- A small Careers Area providing you with information on progression through UCAS and apprenticeships. This space also contains up-to-date prospectuses for colleges and universities and several computers with internet access
All Sixth Form teaching takes place on the main school campus and has access to all of its facilities.
This means that you have access to:
- Fells Hall, a state-of-the-art lecture theatre and performance space
- A well-resourced and fully equipped Learning Resource Centre staffed by a dedicated Sixth Form Mentor and includes an ICT area and quiet work space. The LR also has a private meeting room which can be made available to you through a booking process
- A quiet reading area and further ICT rooms, including a dedicated Sixth Form IT room in our Eastburn Building
- Outstanding school facilities across all subject areas
All Sixth Form students are supported throughout. There is:
- A Head of Sixth Form, a Head of Year 13 and a Head of Year 12 for all pastoral and learning needs
- A highly experienced Support Team offering advice and guidance at every stage of progression. This team has excellent links with employers, universities, colleges and training providers
- A Sixth Form Coaching Team offering one-to-one support across all learning and pastoral needs
- A Sixth Form Student Committee which takes responsibility for the organisation of Sixth Form social events throughout the year. Places on the committee are subject to a rigorous process
Finally, if finances are a concern, there is also funding available through the 16-19 bursary and learner support fund. Click here for more details.